Monday, December 13, 2010

More Stuff

Hey everyone,
I haven`t made a post in a long time, so I thought I`d update it now.
So first of all, I`ve started listening a bunch of new bands, so here is a list of some of my favorite right now.
1. Klaatu
2. Supertramp
3. Weezer
4. Buddy Holly (And The Crickets)
5. Sam Cooke

And also here is a list of awesome Canadian bands.
1. Rush
2. Klaatu
3. Neil Young
4. The Guess Who
5. Steppenwolf (Canadian/American)

Yeah, so um... Catching up on what I wrote on my last post, a lot has happened...
I have one more day of school left until Christmas Break, the day after the last day, I am on a plane flying to good ol' Scotland! I haven`t been there in almost four years, so I can`t wait to get back.
That Geography assignment that I was talking about, we presented that last week, I think I got a 80% on it, so not bad.
My overall average for the first term was 73%, not bad, but tons of room for improvement.

I am finished IT by Stephen King, it was amazing! Beautiful, truly extraordinary! I am now reading The Shining, by Stephen King as well. I am about a quarter qay through it, I am bringing The Shining, The Stand (both of them by Stephen King), and Life: Keith Richards Biography.
I am reading the last one cause he is awesome, my dad gave it to me, and it give`s me something else to read on the plane (a seven and a half hour flight, followed by a one hour flight).

I spent the weekend in the city with my dad, awesome time once again!
On Saturday nightm there was an awesome party, I met an oldboy from SAC, that was cool, I heard some funny stories of back in the day, I met someone who saw me 12 years ago, and I also saw a kid, it was really cool seeing him, because the last time I saw him, he a few months old (and his parents didn`t tell us they had a baby, so it was a surprise), he is now almost four! It was really cool to see how he has grown.
Then on Sunday, we had a very quiet day, we had a Christmas dinner, because we won`t see my dad until the new year. So yeah, quiet Christmas dinner, presents, and then we went out on the town and saw a film that I thought was really good. The King`s Speech. I takes place from I think 1929 to the late 1930`s. It is about the Duke of York, his dad (the king) dies, and his older brother become`s King, but he abdicates. So the Duke of York has to be King, but he has a severe stuttering problem (not a great thing for a King to have). He seeks the help of a highly recommended speech therapist, who has un-orthadox and contreversial methods. After many fights and struggles, the King is able to make the openening War Time speech without stuttering. It was a very good film, it also had three actors from Harry Potter: Dumbledore, Belletrix Lestrange (Hellen Bonham Carter is a really good actress) and Wormtail. There were also some other familiar actors.
So yeah, three days left, and then I am going to Scotland!
Anyway, thats it, here are the songs for today:

Howl At The Moon by Klaatu
Goodbye Stranger by Supertramp
Reptilia by The Strokes
Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft by Klaatu
Hands by The Raconteurs

See you, next time

No comments:

Post a Comment