Saturday, June 12, 2010

Schools Out

Hi everyone,
Well, I am now done school for summer. I`m done grade 7 and my first year at SAC.
My last day was yesterday, Friday. And we were at Wonderland, it was really fun. It was also my first time ever at Wonderland, which shocks a lot of people.
Yesterday I also went to the movies, I saw The A-Team. It was really good, I saw two episodes of the original show. But yeah, that was good. This morning at my drum lesson, my teacher gave me two tickets to a drum workshop, and The Black Page is going to be there, in case you don`t know who that is, he was the drummer for Frank Zappa. When Zappa was holding auditions for drummers this guy came in, he was only seventeen at the time. He played everything they told him to perfectly. They call him The Black Page because in drumming, when you write something, everything is a black circle except for symbals, he had so much crazy stuff going on with the drums that the page was covered with black, hence, The Black Page.
So they are gonna write stuff for these people to play and they are gonna play it. Good luck to them!


So, lately I have been asking myself this question a lot. What is my main instrument, guitar or drums? I have been consentrating on drums so much lately I`ve been neglecting guitar lately.
Today in guitar lessons my teacher brought her dog, it was a really cute pug. We started working on some blues. So we just made a quick blues rythm chord thing, and I had to make some little fills with different blues scales. It was really fun.

So, I`m back at my old school on Monday for some volunteer work, I`m there Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday is Prize Day.

All right, guys. Time for the song of the day, I think you know what it is gonna be...

Song of the Day: Schools Out by Alice Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment