Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Guitar Teacher

Ok, hey
So today I found something out that I think really cool, a kid in my class is going to start playing guitar and he wants me to teach him!!! That is pretty damn cool, he likes a lot of good music, his favorite bands right now are Led Zeppelin and AC/DC. The thing is that he has to get a 90% average in music class, which should be pretty easy for him now cause he is getting a tutuor for flute which is what he plays in it, and I am gonna help him, right now my music average just went down from a 98% to a 93%, but thats still pretty good.
So yeah, I am really looking forward to this, I love teaching, I love music, I love teaching music, so this is gonna be good. He asked me what guitar I thought he should get, he wanted a Gibson Custom Angus Younge SG, but all Gibson guitars have tougher strings because they are meant for people who have been doing it for a while and who have worked their fingers up. So I suggested Epiphone SG, Epiphone Les Paul, Fender or Squier Stratocaster and Fender or Squier Telecaster. Fender strings are more flexible and pliable.
Also Gibson is a lot to handle for someone who is just starting, even Epiphone are pretty good for starters, and the strings on Epiphones are still pretty solid and unpliable.
On the weekend I am getting a webcam, I was supposed to get one tonight but ended up not.
I have two videos up on YouTube but they aren`t very good so I am hopefully gonna have at least another one or maybe two by midweek next week.
I also am hopefully going to be going to my favorite store in world... Steves Music Store!!! It is awesome, it is my personal MECA, and whenever I go there the people are so nice to, I am always the youngest person there and they are so nice to me, letting me try everything do anyhting I want, they let me help with some other stuff its just awesome.
Oh, and on Thursday I have a music playing test, I have to a duet with someone but I have to do two duets since I play percussion which is drums and the bells which is the zilophone but metel instead of wood. One song I have to learn is Burn It To The Ground by Nickleback.
Anyway, now for the song of the day
Full Circle by Aerosmith

No comments:

Post a Comment