Sunday, February 7, 2010

Big Time Musicians

Hey,
Today I am gonna talk about some bands that have hit it huge and have became very famous for it. So here is a short list of those people, in my opinion there are not a lot of people who have it that big.
1. Elvis Presley
2. The Beatles
3. Michael Jackson
4. KISS
5. Aerosmith

For number 5 I don`t fully agree with it, I mean they did hit it really big, they are a very famous and very good band, but I don`t think they made it as big as the other people on the list.

Right now none of those people are my favorite bands/musicians, right now my favorite band is ZZ Top. They are awesome and my favorite guitarist is the guitarist for ZZ Top, his name is Billy Gibbons. If you don`t know who he is, which at first I didn`t but then I saw a picture of him.
So here is a picture,
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/8698345/ZZ+Top+41.jpg
I couldn`t actually paste the picture, I don`t know why but it wouldn`t let me, so look at that picture, Billy Gibbons is the one on the right.
Here is a video if them live playing my favorite song, the song is Legs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH85zttgbGg
It is an awesome song. Its got my favorite lyrics too, I don`t know why but I love them, well actually I know exactly why but oh well, I won`t say for now.
Here are some of my other favorite vids right now,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ZKlT1EvCA That is 21st Century Breakdown by Green Day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Yrhv33Zb8 That is Love In An Elevator by Aerosmith

So yeah, those are two of my favorite video`s.
So either tomorrow or Tuesday is the tryouts for guitar for Jazz Band, and I am thinking it would be better if I didin`t do guitar in it, cause everything will be in normal notes, and I am not used to that anymore, I have used tab for like two years now. So I would have trouble playing the songs, so it would be better if I played drums.

And then on Tuesday I might be presenting my speech on Why Gibson Is The Best Guitar Company. It has actually been pretty fun making that, I get to do research on my favorite thing... Guitars.
That reminds me, a new Gibson guitar was released three days ago, there is this musician called Sammy Hagar, he was a pretty good solo artist, his most famous song was I Can`t Drive 55, now he is the songer for Van Halen. He just made his own Les Paul with Gibson and it is awesome, it is called the Gibson Sammy Hagar Red Rocker Les Paul.
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Sammy-Hagar-Red-Rocker-Les-Paul.aspx that is the site, check it, its a really cool guitar.
Another really cool Gibson guitar is the Gibson Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates Les Paul, its got that old fashioned look and feel to it and it is just awesome.
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Billy-Gibbons-Pearly-Gates-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx that is the Billy Gibbons guitar.
All right, for the song of the day I have lots of candidates, so I am gonna make a list of some of them and then pick one to be the actuall song of the day.
1. Legs by ZZ Top
2. 21st Century Breakdown by Green Day
3. Last Of The American Girls by Green Day
4. I Still Haven`t Found What I`m Looking For by U2

All right, now to pick one. I think I am gonna have to go with...
Legs by ZZ Top

No comments:

Post a Comment